If you can get past the fact the Spirit Airlines was the first major airline to start charging for baggage on flights, then you will see that with their recent switch from Barclaycard to Bank of America as the issuing bank, Spirit has great improved there Spirit World MasterCard®.
I would probably venture to say that most people, even though they don’t live in one of the areas Spirit Airlines flies out of, has still probably heard of them. However, this card is probably NOT for you. Spirit Airlines current operates in the following US cities:
- Atlantic City
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Myrtle Beach
- New York
- Washington DC
- West Palm Beach
The NEW Spirit World MasterCard® offers customers the following:
- 2 miles for every $1 spent on ALL purchases
- 15,000 bonus miles after your first qualifying purchase – enough for 3 FREE§ roundtrip off-peak award tickets. (You’ll receive this bonus even if you received a bonus with our prior card!)
- No annual fee for the first year – After the first 12 billing cycles is will go to $59 for World MasterCard and $19 for Platinum Plus version
- APR for the World MasterCard is 15.24% and the APR for the Platinum Plus version is 18.24%.
Overall this credit card is a nice looking airline card. It remains to be seen how customers will feel about it, but I think as Spirit continues to grow, this is an offer to keep an eye on.
Its going to be hard not too. If you have been to their site lately, have you seen this pop-up?