Gas Rebate Credit Cards
With gas prices on the rise, it makes sense to look at ways to save money at the pump. A gas rewards credit card can help you save money on not just gasoline purchases, but also many of the the purchases you make everyday. There are several gas credit cards available online, but knowing which one is the best deal can get a little confusing. With that being said, we decided to do the research and the result was our list of the Top gas cards that we feel offer the greatest benefit to consumers. We took into account the rewards being offered as well as the interest rates and any special promotions that each gas credit card has available.
The major credit card issuing banks have been very aggressive in creating quality gas rewards cards. The offers available today are much better than they were several years ago. The real nice thing about these gas cards are that you can save on everyday purchases besides just gasoline. Things didn’t used to be this way. Please review our Top 5 Gas Credit Cards list and select the card that is right for you.
| ||Discover it®|| |
- 0% intro APR on purchases & balance transfers for 14 months—then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- Over 6,000 cardmembers rated 4.8 out of 5 stars* and J.D. Power awarded Discover \'Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014.\'+
- 5% Cashback Bonus for gas and ground transportation on up to $1500 in purchases from Jan. through Mar. 2015 after you sign up for 5% Cashback Bonus. 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Free FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, online and in our mobile app.*
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment, APR won't go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized Discover card purchases.
- 100% U.S.- based customer service— day or night.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms and other info by clicking \'Apply.\'
| || |
| ||Intro Purchase APR|
0% for 14 months*
|Intro Balance Trans. APR|
0% for 14 months*
10.99% - 22.99% Variable*
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Gas Rebate Credit Cards,
Saving Money With a Gas Credit Card
Gas prices aren’t nearly as cheap as they were in the late 1990’s. They are so high that with every little bit of fluctuation, they impact the stocks of airlines and other companies due to their increasing costs. If those companies can feel the high prices, certainly consumers can feel it. There are ways you can save money on gasoline. Some grocery stores like Kroger will take some money off the per gallon price if you purchase a certain amount of groceries with them. You will be limited to their choice of gas stations though. Another great way to save is using gas credit cards. These cards can save you between 1% and 5% on every gasoline purchase. The cards with the higher savings rates tend to have a cap on the amount you can save in a year, but are still a great deal. Some of the gas cards will automatically take the money off your credit card bill and others will provide you with rewards that you can redeem however you choose.
Deciding on the Perfect Gas Card
Saving the most money at the pump is the overall goal, but there are things you need to consider because not ever card provides the same features. Some gas cards may charge an annual fee. The gas credit cards that made our list do not charge an annual fee. You will need to consider interest rates. Some offer very attractive 0% introductory rates on purchases and balance transfers and others offer Last but not least, look at the rate at which you earn your rewards on gasoline purchases and if they have a cap. When we complied our ratings, we took all of these items into account to create our Top 5 Gas Rebate Credit Cards list.
Gas Credit Cards vs. Branded Gas Cards
There are several big differences between a traditional gas card and a gas rewards credit card. A traditional gas card is brand specific and the card can only be used at that brand of gas stations. A gas reward card like the cards that we rated on this page, can be used anywhere Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express are accepted. This includes not just gas stations, but also grocery stores, department stores, restaurants and more. Another big difference is the interest rates that are charged. Traditional brand specific cards typically charge extremely high interest rates in the 18%+ range. The rates charged by a gas credit card are significantly lower and many also offer 0% introductory interest rates on purchases and/or balance transfers. The final difference is the fact that most branded gas cards don’t offer rewards and if they do, you can only earn the rewards at their brand of gas stations. When you add up all the places you could use your gas credit card to make purchases, that can be a significant difference in the amount of rewards and rebates you could earn.