- Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into your bank account, a statement credit or gift cards. Redemptions start at $50
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, 15.24%, 20.24% or 25.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers
- No annual fee
The Barclaycard CashFoward World MasterCard is an excellent credit option if you are looking for good rewards and a broad spread of bonuses, and you have excellent credit. Because of the way its rewards program works, its ideal user is a big spender looking for a decent return.
The card’s primary advantage is the simplicity and generosity of its rewards scheme. Initially, the card offers a spending-based opportunity to earn a hefty bonus shortly after opening your account. Regardless of whether your spending qualifies you for the bonus, there is a healthy amount of cash back at a flat rate forever, so you get back the same proportion of each purchase, no matter what is on your bill. This simple scheme makes it easy to track how much you will earn each month without having to control for specific spending categories.
Once you’ve earned bonus points, they never expire, so there is no disadvantage to letting them pile up. Redeeming your rewards is a bit complicated, but Barclaycard ensures it is worthwhile. You will have to accrue a certain amount of bonus cash before you can withdraw your rewards, but once you reach that number, a proportional amount of additional rewards will be added to your future bonus balance, which means that patience regarding your rewards can literally pay off.
Though bonuses are the Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard’s main selling points, it would be a solid-featured credit card even without them. The card has fees for foreign transactions and balance transfers in keeping with the rest of Barclaycard’s options, but it offers lower interest than other cards issued by the same company. The lack of annual fee is attractive, as is the interest scheme, which is based on credit history.
Keeping track of your history is valuable for both this card and its user, so Barclaycard will alert you if your FICO credit score changes. Finally, it keeps your money safe with fraud protection and top-of-the-line chip technology. Overall, this MasterCard is great if you seek simple rewards and valuable security features commiserate with your excellent credit score.